This page features the publications prepared within the QLectives project.
This work was partially supported by the Future and Emerging Technologies programme FP7-COSI-ICT of the European Commission through project QLectives (grant no.: 231200).
Publications should follow the APA style of referencing 
Quick guide of APA Reference Style (Adapted and adjusted) with examples
The following are indicative only. For a complete list see http://www.qlectives.eu/publications/scientific-publications and http://www.qlectives.eu/publications/presentations
- Csernai, K., Jelasity, M., Pouwelse, J., and Vinkó, T. (2011) Modeling unconnectable peers in private BitTorrent communities. In Proceedings of the 19th Euromicro Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing (PDP'11), pages 582–589, Ayia Napa, Cyprus, 2011. IEEE Computer Society. MSOP2P special track. (doi:10.1109/PDP.2011.21)
- Jelasity, M., Bilicki, V., and Kasza, M. (2011) Modeling network-level impacts of P2P flows. In Proceedings of the 19th Euromicro Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing (PDP'11), pages 590–594, Ayia Napa, Cyprus, 2011. IEEE Computer Society. MSOP2P special track. (doi:10.1109/PDP.2011.9)
- Cazabet, R., Amblard, F., and Hanachi, C. (2010) "Detection of overlapping communities in dynamical social networks", Proceedings of IEEE 2nd SocialCom 2010.
- Helbing, D. and Lozano, S. (2010) Phase transitions to cooperation in the prisoner’s dilemma. Physical Review E, 81.
- Helbing, D., Szolnoki, A., Perc, M. and Szabó, G. (2010) Evolutionary establishment of moral and double moral standards through spatial interactions. PLoS Computational Biology, 6(4).
- Helbing, D., Szolnoki, A., Perc, M., Szabó, G. (2010) Defector-accelerated cooperativeness and punishment in public goods games with mutations. Physical Review E, 81.
- Helbing, D. and Johansson, A. (2010) Evolutionary dynamics of populations with conflicting interactions: Classification and analytical treatment considering asymmetry and power. Physical Review E, 81.
- Taramasco, C., Cointet, J. P., Roth, C., (2010) Academic team formation as evolving hypergraphs. Scientometrics.
- Tabourier, L., Roth, C., Cointet, J. P., (submitted) 'Generating constrained random graphs using multiple edge switches'.
- Rahman, R., Meulpolder, M., Hales, D., Pouwelse, J. and Sips, H. (forthcoming) Improving Efficiency and Fairness in P2P Systems with Effort-Based Incentives. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications 2010, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Hales, D. (2010) Mix, Chain and Replicate: Methodologies for Agent-Based Modelling of Social Systems. In E. Mollona (Ed.) Computational Analysis of Firms’ Organization and Strategic Behaviour. London and New York: Routledge.
- Hales, D. (2010) Rationality meets the Tribe: Recent Models of Cultural Group Selection. In E. Mollona (Ed.) Computational Analysis of Firms’ Organization and Strategic Behaviour. London and New York: Routledge.
- Meulpolder, M., D’Acounto, Capotă, M., Wojciechowski, M., Pouwelse, J. A., Epema, D. H. J., Sips, H. J. (2010) Public and private BitTorrent communities: A measurement study. International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems (IPTPS) 2010, San Jose, CA, USA.
- Zhou, T., Kuscsik, Z., Liu, J.G., Medo, M., Wakeling, J. R. and Zhang, Y. C. (2010) Solving the apparent diversity-accuracy dilemma of recommender systems. PNAS, 107 (10).
- Rahman, R., Hales, D., Vinko, T., Pouwelse, J., Sips, H. (2010) No more crash or crunch: sustainable credit dynamics in a P2P community. Paper presented at the International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation (HPCS 2010), Caen, France, 2010.
- Ormándi, R., Hegedűs, I., Csernai, K., and Jelasity, M. (2010) Towards inferring ratings from user behavior in BitTorrent communities. In Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Collaborative Peer-to-Peer Systems (COPS) at WETICE'10, IEEE Computer Society 2010, 217–222. Available from doi:10.1109/WETICE.2010.41 pre-print. Best Paper Award.
- Ormándi, R., Hegedűs, I., Farkas, R., and Jelasity, M. (2010) Novel balanced feature representation for Wikipedia vandalism detection task. In Proceedings of CLEF 2010 Labs and Workshops, <http://clef2010.org/resources/proceedings/clef2010labs_submission_10.pdf>.
- Ormándi, R., Hegedűs, I., and Jelasity, M. (2010) Overlay management for fully distributed user-based collaborative filtering. In Pasqua D'Ambra, Mario Guarracino, and Domenico Talia, editors, Euro-Par 2010, volume 6271 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, 446–457. Available from doi:10.1007/978-3-642-15277-1_43 pre-print
- Delaviz, R., Andrade, N. and Pouwelse, J. Improving Accuracy and Coverage in an Internet-Deployed Reputation Mechanism. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-peer Computing (P2P’2010), 2010. Delft, the Netherlands.
- Wojciechowski, M., Capotă, M., Pouwelse, J. and Iosup, A. BTWorld: Towards Observing the Global BitTorrent File-Sharing Network. In ACM Workshop on Large-Scale System and Application Performance (LSAP) 2010, in conjunction with the ACM International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC) 2010, Chicago, USA.
- Liu, W. and Lü, L. (2010) Link prediction based on local random walk, EPL 89, 58007.
- Gualdi, S., Medo, M and Zhang Y.-C. (2010) Self-organized model of cascade spreading, accepted to EPJ B.
- Cimini, G., Medo, M., Zhou, T., Wei, D. and Zhang, Y.-C., Heterogeneity, quality and reputation in an adaptive recommendation model, accepted to EPJ B.
- Wei, D., Zhou, T., Cimini, G., Wu, P., Liu, W. and Zhang, Y.-C., Effective Mechanism for Social Recommendation of News, submitted to Physica A.
- Tölgyesi, N. and Jelasity, M. (2009) Adaptive peer sampling with newscast. In H. Sips, D. Epema and H. X. Lin (Eds.) Euro-Par 2009. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 5704, 523–534. Springer-Verlag, 2009. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-03869-3_50 pre-print
- Rahman, R., Hales, D., Meulpolder, M., Heinink, V., Pouwelse, J. and Sips, H. (2009) Robust vote sampling in a P2P media distribution system. In Proceedings of IPDPS 2009 (HotP2P 2009), IEEE Computer Society. [Partially supported by QLectives]
- Hales, D., Rahman, R., Zhang, B., Meulpolder, M. and Pouwelse, J. (2009) BitTorrent or BitCrunch: Evidence of a credit squeeze in BitTorrent? In Proceedings of the 5th Collaborative Peer-to-Peer Systems (COPS) Workshop, in conjunction with 18th IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructures for Collaborative Enterprises, June 29 - July 1, 2009, Groningen, the Netherlands. [Partially supported by QLectives]
- Lü, L., Jin, C.-H. and Zhou, T. (2009) Similarity index based on local paths for link prediction of complex networks. Physical Review E 80, 046122.
- 2 March 2013: David Rozas presented "Automating Drupal Development with Patterns: introducing 7.x-2.x" at Drupalcamp London 2013 in the UK. Slides: .odp, .pdf
- 20 October 2012: David Rozas and Liao Hao presented "Automating Drupal Development with Patterns" at Drupalcamp Spain 2012 in Madrid (Spain). Slides: .odp, .pdf
- 28 September 2010: Chih-Chun Chen gave the talk for paper "When and what do members contribute to groups in Flickr?", QTESO 2010
- 01 July 2010: Carla Taramasco, Jean-Philippe Cointet, Camille Roth, gave a talk titled "Evolving hypergraphs to appraise academic team formation processes", 30th Intl Soc. Net. Conf. "Sunbelt", Riva del Garda, Italy.
- 27 February 2009: Dave Hales gave a brief presentation on QLectives to the ASSYST (COSI-ICT CA) Kick-off meeting in at Institut des Systèmes Complexes, Paris Île-de-France, 57 rue Lhomond, Paris.
- 5 March 2009: Dirk Helbing gave the talk "The Role of Mobility for the Outbreak of Cooperation among Egoists" at the Meeting of the Leopoldina, German Academy of Sciences, Zurich, Switzerland.
- 30 March 2009: Dirk Helbing gave the talk "Spontaneous Outbreak and Breakdown of Human Cooperation" at the Minerva International Workshop on 'The Science of Complexity', Eilat, Israel.
- 29 June 2009: Dave Hales gave talk for paper: BitTorrent or BitCrunch: Evidence of a credit squeeze in BitTorrent? Presented at 18th IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructures for Collaborative Enterprises - WETICE 2009 (COPS workshop), Groningen.
- 27 July 2009: Dirk Helbing gave the talk "A kinetic approach to game theory: From opinions to norms" at the Workshop: Kinetic and Mean-field models in the Socio-Economic Sciences, Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- 31 July 2009: Dirk Helbing gave the presentation "How Social and Collective Human Behavior are Born from Simple Individual Interactions" at the Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society, Symposium: The Emergence of Collective Structures Through Individual Interactions, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 21 September 2009: Dave Hales and Dirk Helbing gave invited talks at the European Conference on Complex Systems in Warwick university, UK, (track D - Complexity and Computer Science) on on-going work in the Tribler team.
- 22 September 2009: Dave Hales and Nigel Gilbert gave a presentation to the COSI-ICT workshop at the European Conference on Complex Systems in Warwick university, UK, on the project and the first six months' work.
- 21-25 September 2009: Brax, N., Amblard, F., "A self-repairing solution for the resilience of networks to attacks and failures", presented to European Conference on Complex Systems 2009, University of Warwick, UK.
- 23 September 2009: Camille Roth gave a invited talk presenting preliminary findings on structure and authority effect in online techno-social collectives, here blog networks, at the DOOCN-III workshop at the European Conference on Complex Systems at Warwick U, UK.
- 24 October 2009: Dirk Helbing gave the talk "Cooperation and Conflict in the Prisoner's Dilemma and the Emergence of Norms" at the Autumn Meeting of the Modeling and Simulation Section of the German Society for Sociology: 'Social Networks and Social Integration', Groningen, Netherlands.
- 13 November 2009: Dirk Helbing gave a talk at the Max-Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology, Plön, Germany.
- 20 November 2009: Dirk Helbing gave a keynote talk title "Cooperation, Norms, and Conflict: Towards Simulating the Foundations of Society" at the EURACE Workshop, Genoa, Italy.
- 7 December 2009: Dirk Helbing gave a talk at the Paris Interdisciplinary PhD Symposium 'From sparse entities to crowded environments: Numbers in living systems', Paris, France.
- 10 December 2009: Dirk Helbing gave the talk "Self-Organization and emergence in social systems. Modeling the co-evolution of social environments and cooperative behavior" at the ATACD Conference: 'Changing cultures: Cultures of change', Barcelona, Spain.
Related & Relevant Events
Listing of Events should following format: Title, Date, Location, Link
2nd International Workshop on Quality in Techno-Social Systems at the Fourth IEEE International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems 2010, 28 September 2010, Budapest, Hungary 
- source code (containing both the QLectives Platform and QMedia)
- Video interview of Dirk Helbing
- Participant Information Sheet for QTR survey at the University of Surrey